2021 CCCIA Scholarship Applications
- Application deadline – April 26, 2021
- Interviews – May 17, 2021
About Our Scholarships
The Coal Creek Canyon Improvement Association Scholarships are an honor bestowed upon deserving youth of our community who best exemplify the ideals and principles of society — honesty, initiative, good citizenship, integrity and diligence. It is hoped that the monetary benefit will help the student to achieve his/her goals. Financial need is not the primary consideration for these awards — they are meritorious awards — but it may be taken into account with the other criteria described below.
Scholarship Rules And Regulations
- The Scholarships are open to any person age 21 or under who plans to continue education beyond high school at a college, vocational, trade or arts school, and who is, and has been for a full year prior to application, a resident of Coal Creek Canyon. This area includes but is not limited to the area along the Highway 72 corridor through Coal Creek Canyon to the intersection of Highway 72 and Highway 119. This area encompasses individuals who attend High School in the Boulder Valley School District or Jefferson County including but not limited to Nederland High School, Boulder High School, Fairview High School, Ralston Valley High School, or Golden High School.
- Each Scholarship is conditioned upon the recipient’s beginning further education by the beginning of the next enrollment.
- No recipient may receive more than one CCCIA Scholarship.
- Candidates must apply by submitting to the CCCIA a completed CCCIA Application Form together with their high school (and post-high school) transcript(s) by a date determined by the scholarship committee.
- Finalists will be invited to interview with the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants will be judged for academic scholarship, extracurricular activities with particular emphasis on volunteer activities within Coal Creek Canyon and achievements, citizenship and character, and their personal goals letter and oral interview.
- A total of $2,000 in scholarships will be awarded. The total will be divided evenly ($1000 to each recipient) between two individuals. The scholarship committee may also award additional scholarships or adjust the award amount if deemed necessary.
- The Scholarships shall be disbursed to the school that the recipient plans to attend, upon enrollment.
- The Scholarship Committee, composed of 3 to 7 individuals (not more than one per family), shall advise the board of their selection of Scholarship winners. Committee members must pledge to be impartial judges and shall not include:
- anyone who is an Applicant’s relative or close personal friend;
- anyone whose children currently attend high school;
- Committee members may include individuals who are not members of CCCIA if their inclusion would help to render a fair assessment of the Applicants. The Scholarship Committee will not give priority to CCCIA member families, nor to length of residency other than is necessary to qualify an Applicant.
- Applications and attachments will remain confidential.
How to Apply
Contact Tony at (303) 642-7537 with questions.